The Zenith Bank mobile app is an app every Zenith bank customer should have. This app saves you from visiting the banking hall for almost every transaction. Apart from transferring money, the Zenith Bank mobile app can be used to do a lot of other things.
In this post, you will see how to register for the Zenith Bank mobile app and how to perform various actions on the app. Zenith Bank customers can use their zenith bank internet banking details to register on the mobile app. To register for Zenith Internet banking, you need to visit any Zenith bank branch, fill out the internet banking form and purchase the Zenith bank token device. Though, it’s not compulsory to register for the Zenith internet banking to be able to use the Zenith Bank mobile app.
For Zenith mobile banking, you don’t need to go to the bank to register, you can register through the mobile app. You also don’t need a token device. You can set a pin that will be used to confirm every transaction you make on the mobile app.
How to Register for Zenith Mobile Banking
Please note that you need to have an account with Zenith Bank before this can work. If you don’t have a Zenith bank account, You can open a Zenith bank account by dialing *966#. GTBank customers can read our post on how to register and use the GTBank mobile app.
After downloading and installing the app on your device, open the Zenith mobile app and follow the steps below to set up;
- Click on “Register New Device”.
- Enter your Zenith Bank account number.
- Select Non-internet Banking user and click on “I Agree”
- An SMS will be sent to the phone number used to receive alerts.
- Enter the code in the space written “One-time password” and click continue.
- Create a password and a Mobile pin. The app only accepts numeric passwords, Alphabets are not accepted. The mobile pin is a four digit number to confirm every transaction made on the app.
Congratulations, you have successfully registered for the Zenith Bank mobile banking. You can log in with your Zenith account number and the password you created earlier. In order not to forget the details used to register on the Zenith Bank mobile app platform, you can save the information in the LastPass password manager.
How to Transfer Money on the Zenith Bank Mobile App
This is so easy. open the zenith bank mobile app on your device, enter your account number and password then follow the steps below;
- Click on the three stripes at the top left corner.
- Select Transfer.
- In the Transfers tab, select if it’s a Zenith account you are sending the money to or another bank.
- In the “To” tab, enter the account number. the account name should appear below if the account number is correct. Sometimes the account name may not display due to unforeseen reasons. If you are sure of the account number, then proceed to the next step.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Enter a description. You could just type reason for sending the money as the description. Click on continue.
- Enter the mobile pin you created earlier and click continue. Please note that the Mobile pin is different from the password.
The money will be deducted from your Zenith account and sent to the receiver. Also, note that Zenith bank charges 105 Naira when sending to other banks. Quickteller charges lower.
How to Buy Airtime on the Zenith Bank Mobile App
Login to the Zenith Bank mobile app with your account number and password, the follow the steps below;
- Click on the Three-striped bar located at the top-left corner.
- Select Airtime Recharge from the list of options.
- Enter the phone number you want to recharge.
- Select the mobile operator/Network
- Enter the amount you want to purchase and click continue.
- Enter your 4-digit mobile pin to authenticate the airtime recharge.
From the Settings tab of the app, users can change the mobile pin, change the password, manage beneficiaries and change the authorization method.
The Zenith Bank mobile app obviously requires internet data to function. If you are out of data, you can register for USSD banking by dialing *966# on the phone number registered with the bank. The Zenith Bank USSD banking also allows you to do few of what the mobile app can do but you must have airtime for it to work.